Certified copies of Vital Records are available for a fee of $20 and may be obtained from the following locations:
- The Town where the event occurred.
- The Town of Residence when the event occurred.
- The State Department of Public Health, (click here).
Birth Certificate Request Instructions:
****Please note that if you are requesting a birth certificate that is NOT your own record, then verification of relationship to the registrant must also be provided. This may be in the form of birth certificates and/or marriage certificates to show proof of lineage to the registrant. Court orders are also accepted to show guardianship. Please call our office if you have questions.
Access to birth records less than 100 years old is restricted in Connecticut.
To be eligible to obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate a person must be:
- The person whose birth is recorded, if over eighteen years of age
- Such person's children, grandchildren, spouse, parent, or guardian
- The chief executive officer of the municipality where the birth occurred, or the chief executive officer's authorized agent
- The local director of health for the municipality where the birth occurred or where the mother was a resident at the time of birth, or the director's authorized agent.
To obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Marriage, or Death certificate, please complete the appropriate
request form. Present request form in person at the Town Clerk's office or mail it along with proof of relationship ( if requesting a birth certificate), copy of photo ID, Postal Money Order payable to Town of Deep River, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Deep River Town Clerk
174 Main Street
Deep River, CT 06417